At the heart of our curriculum is our school ethos which states that we want all children in Collingwood Primary School to 'find something that they are good at.' We will do our very best to ensure the children have the opportunities and support to do so, within our nurturing environment.
Our curriculum is underpinned by our Curriculum Drivers which staff ensure are incorporated into the children's educational experiences.
- Explore future possibilities using their talents
- Broaden their horizons and look to their future
- See themselves as an important member of their community
- Show independence of thought and action, making the right decisions for themselves
- Through drama, learn to express themselves positively and with confidence
Please take a look at our Yearly Overview Topic Map which details the topics and key subject foci that the children will be covering each term.
Foundation Stage (Nursery and Reception)
There is an early years unit attached to the school with three teachers and two Nursery Nurses. Children must be 3 years old before they can be admitted, and remain in this until they are ready to move into a Year 1 class.