The Governing Body believes that ensuring the health and safety of staff, pupils and visitors is essential to the success of the school. We recognise and accept our responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations, and other relevant regulations and codes of practice.
We are committed to:-
- Providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment for staff, pupils and visitors.
- Preventing accidents, work related ill health, injury or loss
- Identifying and reducing hazards to a minimum
- Achieving compliance with statutory requirements as a minimum as well as best practice
- Ensuring safe working methods of work and good practice and providing safe equipment
- Providing effective information, instruction and training for both governors and staff
- Monitoring and reviewing systems and performance to ensure they are effective
- Developing and maintaining a positive health and safety culture through communication and consultation with staff and ensuring that health and safety issues are covered at meetings
- Ensuring adequate resources are given to safety issues